Connect with us

Headlines

Trippier sends message to fans after completing Newcastle move

Published

on


Kieran Trippier is relishing the challenge he’s joined at Newcastle United after completing his move from Atletico Madrid.

Trippier flew into Tyneside on Wednesday in a private jet following the conclusion of smooth and positive talks between the two clubs on Tuesday.

The Spanish giants hoped Trippier would stay, but the former Tottenham defender made it clear he wanted to return to England, with interest from a number of clubs

Magpies boss Eddie Howe worked with Trippier while in charge of Burnley, signing the right-back from Manchester City in January 2012 after an impressive loan spell at Turf Moor, and he was reportedly keen to make a transfer deal happen and bring him to Newcaqstle

And after making the shock move back to the Premier League, Trippier has told fans that he is looking forward to the challenge ahead: “I made it clear a few months ago that if I had the chance to come back to the Premier League, I would love to do so. It’s important for my family, and it’s a great opportunity,” he said on the club website

“I’m the type of player who loves challenges; I had a challenge changing countries and leagues to go to Atletico Madrid in the first place, now I’m at Newcastle. I know the position they are in, I’m here to help on and off the field.

“I’ve got a great relationship with the manager, I’ve worked with him before, and I am the type of player who loves challenges. This is certainly a challenge and one I am excited about.”

IcFootballnews View…

Look, Trippier is a solid player, but what do Toon fans think about his arrival? will he be a good signing for the club?

Similar Reading…

ALSO CHECK OUT: Newcastle given green light to sign Ramsey, Hayden sends message to incoming signings, Newcastle sent transfer message about signing Aubameyang this month

YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: Newcastle sent clear message about signing £350,000-a-week star from Premier League rivals

LOVE NEWCASTLE? CLICK RIGHT HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS AND GOSSIP



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Chelsea

Chelsea step up Perisic chase and submit January offer

Published

on

By


According to the latest reports, Chelsea are closing in on a January loan deal for Inter Milan star Ivan Perisic.

The transfer window has been open for a few weeks now, and despite all the speculation, all the rumours and all the players linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, Thomas Tuchel has seen no new faces arrive this month so far

But it is no secret in the media that Thomas Tuchel is keen to add a few new faces to the squad over the course of the window to help cover injuries and Covid-19 outbreaks, that seemingly happen on a weekly basis.

Recent reports in the media have claimed that Chelsea had shown an interest in sealing a transfer deal for Perisic, who has played in every attacking position during his career. But this season he has been operating at left wing-back in Serie A.

Now IcFootballnews has learned that Chelsea have taken a step further in their quest to get a transfer deal done and submitted an offer to the Italian side for Perisic, although the Italians are not too keen to let him leave this month

Milan are vying for that Seria A title this season and know letting a pure winner like Perisic leave the club could hinder their chances, and would much rather wait until the summer to get some kind of deal done.

Perisic occasionally operated in the wing-back role for Tottenham manager Antonio Conte, and the Italian has previously praised him for his attitude and hard work.

“When I came to Inter Milan in the summer of 2019, my initial idea was that Perisic was an offensive defender because I know he has the characteristics of doing this,” Conte said at the end of his title-winning season with Inter, via the Express.

“The coach can have all kinds of ideas, but he needs the players’ willingness to cooperate with his hard work. (Perisic) was loaned to Bayern and came back with a different mentality.

“Perisic is an excellent player with outstanding physical strength. He is good at beating (his man). He has the ability to play one-on-one.

“I need Perisic like this. He will keep because he has quality.”

Iomie

Similar Stories…

ALSO CHECK OUT: Chelsea Board told German has made transfer decision amidst contract talks

YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: Chelsea to offer Prem superstar £400,000-a-week contract, German makes Chelsea decision amid talks, Haaland amids pressure with Blues keen on deal

LOVE CHELSEA? CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS AND GOSSIP



Source link

Continue Reading

Diego Carlos

‘Looks better than he is’ fans sent clear message about £28 million man ahead of possible Newcastle move

Published

on

By


Newcastle fans have been warned not to get too excited about Diego Carlos ahead of his potential move to the Toon

Eddie Howe hopes to bring in two centre-backs before the January window closes, as he looks to shore up a back line that has conceded 43 Premier League goals in just 20 games, and Carlos is a man that is high up on the shopping list.

The Magpies have made a £28million offer for the Sevilla defender, an offer that is being consider by the Spanish side, and there have been many fans out there that have been getting excited about his possible arrival

However, South American football expert Tim Vickery told talkSPORT there are real concerns about the Brazilian, and has warned the Toon fans that they should not be getting too excited about the possible arrival of Carlos

Vickery said: “It was a couple of years ago that a Brazilian journalist, based in Spain, brought my attention to Diego Carlos and said ‘I think this is the best Brazilian centre-back in Spain, have a look at him’.

“My conclusion, and he won the Olympic gold medal as well, is that we may be dealing with a centre-back who may look better than he is.

“Russell Osman syndrome, maybe? Remember him and Terry Butcher together? Everyone thought Russell Osman was the class act and then you threw him in the deep end and you found out that Osman looked better, but Butcher was much better.

“I worry about Diego Carlos. There are moments when he looks classy, but there are lots of mistakes and wild man things.”

IcFootballnews View…

Carlos plays alongside Joules Kounde at Sevilla, and that is why he looks so good. It wasnt too long ago that Liverpool were eyeing up a move, but after watching him for a number of months, they did not make a move

If Howe wants to add some defenders to the back-line, why not add some already proven in the Premier League?

Similar Reading…

ALSO CHECK OUT: Another signing on way after Newcastle ‘agree personal terms’ with German International

YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: £25 million man Wood makes clear Newcastle vow to fans after OFFICIALLY completing move

LOVE NEWCASTLE? CLICK RIGHT HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS AND GOSSIP



Source link

Continue Reading

Arsenal

Arsenal free to sign Sanches as midfielder told he is free to leave

Published

on

By


Arsenal target Renato Sanches has been told that he’ll be allowed to leave Lille this month if a suitable offer is made.

Now, we have spoken a number of times about the reports that Mikel Arteta is keen to delve into that transfer kitty and add a few players to the squad in order to get them back into winning that Premier League title

And that has led to many reports in the media that the Gunners boss will be backed in the transfer window, especially after the brilliant run they put together this season.

Sanches moved to Lille following a disappointing three-season spell at Bayern Munich where he struggled to live up to the hype as well as a number of injury problems.

But The midfielder has matured well at the French club and is now set to step up to a top European team, with recent reports on Le10Sport claims the Gunners have informed both Lille and the midfielder’s entourage of their intentions.

Reports have claimed the Lille midfielder is ready for a new adventure and the Daily Mirror have claimed The Lille midfielder has been told that he’ll be allowed to leave the French side this month if a suitable offer is made for the 24-year-old.

However they’re not the only club interested with Barcelona said to be leading the chase for the Portugal international as they continue their rebuild for the future.

IcFootballnews View….

Look, Sanches does have real quality that is just sitting there ready for his potential new manager to get out of him, and that is what Arteta could do.

The Gunners boss needs a player like the Portuguese International in the squad, so if the reports are true and Arsenal are interested in a transfer deal for the young man, he could be a very good signing for the club to sign in the next couple of windows

So even though Sanches has not fulfilled his true potential yet, there is no doubt about his ability, and he just needs the right manager to help him reach it

As we said, he could be a great signing, for the right money

Iomie

More Reading….

YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: Wow! Arsenal and Udinese have agreed deal to allow defender to make shock January move

ALSO CHECK OUT: ‘Get in and get him’ Board encouraged to bring £40 million Premier League powerhouse to Arsenal

LOVE ARSENAL? CLICK RIGHT HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS AND GOSSIP



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending