Connect with us

Champions League

Man City star Ruben Dias reveals his journey to the top level of football

Published

on


Manchester City News: Cityzens center-back Ruben Dias has opened up about his journey to the top level of the game.

Since his arrival at City, the Portugal centre-back has been crucial, establishing himself as a key player in Pep Guardiola’s defense.

He was recently sidelined due to injury. But he has since returned to help his team defend their Premier League title and win their first Champions League trophy.

City presently leads the Premier League ahead of Liverpool. After defeating Real Madrid on Tuesday, they are on track to reach another Champions League final.

Manchester City News: What did Dias say?

Manchester City News: Ruben Dias Reveals His Journey To The Top Level Of Football

READ MORE: Three Major Talking Points from the UEFA Champions League classic!

As reported by The Manchester Evening News, said: “Opportunities will come and what makes the difference is whether you’re ready to grab them or not. I give more and more importance to the family.”

But since I was very young, I never saw the fact of talking to a psychologist as a problem that I could have or a fault of mine. I always saw how it is through him that I will destroy everyone, they won’t even see me arrive.” And the 24-year-old has expressed his desire to keep improving.

Ruben Dias High In Confidence As The Blues Enter An Important Phase Of The Season

Ruben Dias had preferred his club to be in a better position heading to Spain. But the second leg of their Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid will be played at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Manchester City dominated the game and had several chances to score more than four goals.

Also Read: Should Declan Rice Replace Fernandinho at City?

However, for the first time in the competition, the Citizens have conceded more than three goals in a single game. The 6-3 triumph over RB Leipzig in September was the last time they did so.

Dias promised to “concentrate on the Premier League” and their upcoming match against Leeds.

With a win, they will either reclaim a one-point advantage over Liverpool or extend their lead at the top even more.

Ruben Dias Admits That Manchester City Is A ‘Mad Team’

Ruben Dias of Manchester City says that he and his “mad” teammates would be unfazed by the prospect of facing Real Madrid away from home.

The win puts Madrid in a competitive position ahead of the second leg at the Santiago Bernabeu. They had previously overcome Paris Saint-Germain in the last 16 by coming from behind.

He said: “We’re conscious of the team we’re up against, their Champions League influence, and the atmosphere at the Santiago Bernabeu.

However, we are aware of our objective and the resources required to achieve it. We’ll try to win by playing with our personalities. The Bernabeu is a mad environment, and Man City is a mad team.” We’ll be prepared for it.

A banner

On May 4, City will fly to Madrid for the second leg, by which time they will know whether Liverpool or Villarreal will face them in the final.



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Barcelona

Transfer Discussions Regarding Goncalo Guedes

Published

on

By


Barcelona Transfer News: It has been rumored that Barcelona and Valencia have conducted negotiations over a prospective deal for Goncalo Guedes. However, there is currently no tangible interest in the player from either club

Barcelona Transfer News: According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona and Valencia, allegedly discussed the possibility of Barcelona acquiring Goncalo Guedes, a Portuguese striker.

However, as of right now, the 25-year-old does not rank very high on the Catalans’ list of priorities for signing.

Guedes has been playing for Valencia since 2017. He can play through the center or out on the flanks. However, he has not exactly flourished as expected at the Mestalla. But his stock remains high due to the potential and innate quality he possesses. 

Valencia has struggled mightily in the 2021/22 season. But, Guedes has produced a return of 13 goals and six assists from 41 games across all competitions for Valencia.

Barcelona Transfer News: Valencia’s financial turmoil

Barcelona Transfer News: Transfer Discussions Regarding Goncalo Guedes

Valencia attempts to get out of a severe financial position. There have been rumors circulating over his future even though his current contract is slated to expire after the next season.

At the beginning of this week in Catalonia, executives from Los Che named Anil Murthy and Joey Lim met with the president of Barcelona, Joan Laporta. Valencia presented Barcelona with the opportunity to acquire Carlos Soler and Jose Gaya for a total fee of 60 million euros.

According to reports, Barcelona did not take advantage of the opportunity. They had a significant interest in the two and were hoping to recruit them both for a less expensive cost.

Will the move go through?

Valencia and Barcelona discussed the prospect of a move for Guedes during the forthcoming summer transfer window.

Ousmane Dembele continues to be linked with a move to Chelsea and other teams. Barcelona has not yet resolved the contract predicament he is currently in.

Memphis Depay, Martin Braithwaite, and Adama Traore all having uncertain futures at Camp Nou. There might be a place in the squad for another dynamic attacker to arrive in the summer. Barcelona has partially recovered from their financial difficulties.

Because of his age, adaptability, and established track record in La Liga, Guedes may be a workable alternative in this regard. Barcelona would have to pay at least €40 million for the signing.

A banner

It is also reported that although the two teams talked about the 25-year-old player. He is not precisely a priority target for the Catalan giants but rather another name on the list that they may look at if funds improve. 





Source link

Continue Reading

Champions League

UCL Final Prediction- Former Striker Tags Real Madrid Favourites To Win Champions League

Published

on

By


UCL final prediction- Real Madrid will be facing off against Liverpool in the UCL final. A lot of former players and Pundits have given their opinions as to who is the favourite to win this match and lift another European title. With that being said, a former Los Blancos striker, Predrag Mijatovic, has made his prediction regarding the final of Europe’s top cup competition.

The 53-year-old striker, who played for La Liga sides Valencia and Real Madrid has suggested that the latter will win the UCL final this year. This is a bold prediction, considering the fact that a lot of Pundits consider Liverpool as the firm favourites. It will surely be a tough fight with the two teams looking to win this game.

There will be a lot at stake in this match, with both teams looking to lift another trophy this season. Real Madrid is the champion of Spain now, while Liverpool has won two domestic cups too. This would surely be the cherry on top for either side if they win the UCL final, to end their campaign.

UCL Final Prediction- Former Striker Tags Real Madrid Favourites To Win Champions League - UCL Final1
Image Credits: SportsMax

What Predrag Mijatovic Said About The UCL Final And Why He Feels Real Madrid Are The Favourites?

Talking about the UCL semi-final on Cadena Ser with ManagingMadrid, Mijatovic said, “Do not remember a game like the one against Manchester City. The energy of the people and the players was incredible. I had not seen anything like it at the Bernabeu.”

Further, talking about the UCL final and the favourites to win this match, “What team in Europe has 8 players with 4 Champions Leagues? It is very difficult to achieve what Real Madrid has. I do not think Liverpool has a better team. Nobody has one as complete as Real Madrid.”

With that being said, this will surely be a tough fight between two top European teams once again. This UCL final could be as intense as the last time when these two sides met. It will be a great game to watch for sure. The match was a great spectacle to watch when these two teams battled it out in the 2018 final.





Source link

Continue Reading

Barcelona

Lionel Messi’s dad makes Barcelona return claim after nightmare PSG season

Published

on

By


Barcelona News: Lionel Messi’s father has stated that he “hopes” his son returns to Barcelona “someday” after leaving the Spanish giants for Paris Saint-Germain barely nine months ago.

Messi has struggled since joining PSG on a spectacular free transfer last summer. He and Barcelona failed to agree on a new contract and he left the club. The 34-year-old has a decent 11 goals and 13 assists for the French club. However, these numbers are nothing in comparison to what he put up with Barcelona.

Messi has also received a nasty welcome from his own fans. PSG fans booed and jeered him and some of his teammates in the aftermath of PSG’s humiliating Champions League loss to Real Madrid in March.

Throughout the season, rumours have surfaced that Argentina captain Lionel Messi is unhappy in Paris. It is stated that he and his family have struggled to adjust to life in the French metropolis.

Barcelona News: Messi to make a Barcelona comeback?

Barcelona News: Lionel Messi’s dad makes Barcelona return claim after nightmare PSG season

READ MORE: Newcastle United intensifies interest in Dean Henderson

All of this has fueled the conjecture that Messi’s stay at PSG will be brief. The Argentinian has one year left on his contract and the option to extend it until 2024.

The seven-time Ballon d’Or winner has sparked renewed curiosity about his future plans. There are rumours of a move to Major League Soccer side Inter Miami circulating.

Messi has made no secret of his love for Barcelona. He rose through the ranks to become one of the greatest players of all time.

What did Messi’s father and Laporta say?

READ MORE: Reds leading transfer race for Jobe Bellingham amid Man City and Newcastle hopes

The player’s father, Jorge, was asked about his son putting on the Barca shirt again by the Jijantes FC Twitch account and responded, “I hope it [happens] someday.”

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has also mentioned the possibility of Messi coming to Barcelona, but only as a visitor to see the refurbished Camp Nou.

My communication with Messi is not frequent,” Laporta said earlier this year, but I’d love to have Leo here with us during the inauguration of the new stadium.”

His home will always be Camp Nou. His transfer to PSG? We completed our tasks [last summer].” Laporta continued: I haven’t heard anything from Messi or his representatives about a possible return to Barcelona. We will not be raising this problem as of right now.”

A banner

PSG trounced Montpellier 4-0 in their penultimate game of the season, having already clinched the Ligue 1 title. Messi scored twice. In their final game of the season, the champions meet Metz.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending