Connect with us

Dele Alli

Dele Alli urged to join Newcastle and reignite career

Published

on


Manchester United legend Roy Keane reckons it’s time Tottenham parted ways with Dele Alli – and urged him to go to Newcastle United

It was just a few seasons ago that Dele Alli was considered one of the most dangerous young players in the game, and not just in the Premier League.

But a large dip in form and constant changing of managers at Tottenham has meant that he has fallen so far down the pecking order that he does not even make the bench under Antonio Conte these days.

There has been many reports in the media that he would like to stay at the club and fight for his future with Spurs, but with the club seeking to invest in the squad this transfer window, they need to raise funds and make some room.

Meaning that the right offer will convince them to let Alli depart the club this transfer window, and now, reports have suggested that Newcastle are closing in on a transfer deal after opening talks for the Englishman

He was left out of the squad that lost to Chelsea in Sunday’s late kick-off amid speculation a move to Newcastle is on the cards, and ex-Manchester United skipper Roy Keane says Spurs should let him go to give him a chance to rejuvenate his career.

Keane told Sky Sports: “I think the kid’s lost the eye of the tiger. Sometimes you’ve got to let the kid go, that’s the nature of football.

“You’ve done your time here, you’ve obviously lost your way. (Tottenham should) be good to the kid and go ‘you’ve been a good signing for us’.

“Let the kid go. (He could go to) Newcastle, get his career going up there. The fans would love him if he comes in.”

IcFootballnews View…

Look, there is no doubt that ALli is a very a talented player that simply cannot get back to his best. So a change of clubs may be the best thing for him as he will get the chance to shine

Newcastle are in need of a player like Alli and if they can get the best out of him, they may have a player that could bang in or assist upto 20 goals a season

Similar Reading…

ALSO CHECK OUT: Newcastle bound powerhouse ‘is so big his shorts look like underwear’ fans told after £100,000-a-week contract agreed

YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: La Liga star ‘doing everything possible’ to complete £200,000-a-week move to Newcastle

LOVE NEWCASTLE? CLICK RIGHT HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS AND GOSSIP



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Dele Alli

I don’t think Dele Alli wants to retire at this age, Frank Lampard

Published

on

By


Everton News: “As far as I am concerned, I don’t see Alli as a guy who wants to retire. “This was the response from Frank Lampard regarding a question about Dele Alli’s retirement.

Mirror columnist Stan Collymore discussed mental health difficulties. He even said that the England star should consider walking away if he has lost interest in the game.

But Lampard, who took a chance on signing Alli after two years of agony and decline at Tottenham Hotspur, said he wanted to come out against Collymore, who has been brave in disclosing his own mental health concerns.

“I think the comments were unwanted. I feel it’s necessary to address them because I know Stan a little bit and he’s had challenges in his career that he’s been honest about,” Lampard said.

Everton News: What did Lampard have to say?

Everton News: I don’t think Dele Alli wants to retire at this age, Frank Lampard

READ MORE: Dominic Calvert-Lewin is again on Gunner’s radar as Everton are ready to sell the striker

“I get where he’s coming from on his own but speaking about someone you don’t know and lumping them into the same category, or questioning whether they belong in that category, was a bit much.”

Since joining the Blues from Tottenham, Alli has yet to make an appearance for the club, and he has appeared off the pace due to a lack of form and fitness, prompting significant criticism and questions about his dedication.

What I see – and I see how people would say that – is that he has a lot to prove,” the Blues manager remarked.

“The basics are that when you have a lot to prove. You have to get your head down and listen to that stuff because that’s the job we’re in. You have to prove people wrong on the pitch, and that starts on the training pitch,” he says. That’s how I view things.”

Everton News: What’s next for Alli?

READ MORE: What he said is really hazardous’, Frank Lampard may regret wondering whether his players have the ‘b******s,’ according to Chris Sutton, after Everton’s humiliating FA Cup defeat to Crystal Palace

Everton head to West Ham this weekend in a game that is crucial to their survival hopes, with Lampard’s side eager for a result on the road. Alli is set to be on the bench once more.

Lampard, on the other hand, believes he has seen the determination in the twice PFA Young Player of the Year on the training ground, and that this will soon translate into on-field results.

The manager stated, “He is working, and I am seeing him work. However, I’ve always assumed it would take some time. Dele must train and demonstrate that he is capable of thinking in that manner. He must prove himself worthy of starting a game every time he comes on.”

A banner

That is not to say he hasn’t done it. Some players claim to be better when they first begin. As a player, I said that. From my perspective, the fact is that you focus on the person. He will do it when the moment is perfect, and I believe he is available and willing to assist the club. When it comes to that, he’s just like every other player.”





Source link

Continue Reading

Dele Alli

Toffees can face points deduction as Premier League relegation battle looms large on club

Published

on

By


Everton News: Everton is crumbling badly this season. They have had a troublesome season so far, both on and off the field.

The club had to sack Rafael Benitez after a string of poor results. They brought in Frank Lampard to replace him, but now have newer challenges to face up to.

The toffees are in danger of having their points deducted this season. This is due to their inability to publish their accounts for the 2020-21 season which has been delayed. The date for the submission was initially December 2020.

However, the club are unaware of how much to allot to their losses suffered by them during the period 2017-20 and are seeking help from the Premier League. They have reportedly suffered losses in the region of £260m, which are way over the permissible limits.

Everton News: The Toffees would be the first side in the Premier League to have their points deducted if found guilty

Everton News: Toffees can face points deduction as Premier League relegation battle looms large on club

The Premier League rules state that the clubs should not lose more than £105m over a three-year period. The failure to comprehend the rules could lead to a fine or points being docked from the club.

However, the club is confident that they will not have to face the devastating consequences, in terms of a points deduction. If the league decides to impose a deduction, it will be the first time a club has faced such a punishment.

Everton has also been hampered by the ongoing Ukraine-Russia conflict. They have severed ties with Alisher Usmanov, who is a major sponsor for the club. The move is all set to lead to a loss of over £300m through the next 20 years.

The Toffees made significant signings in the winter transfer market, as they acquired Dele Alli on a free transfer. They also secured loan deals for Donny van de Beek and Anwar El Ghazi from Manchester United and Aston Villa respectively.

Everton’s struggles on the pitch have intensified too. The Toffees suffered a thumping 5-0 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur in their latest Premier League match. Frank Lampard’s side heavily capitulated against Conte’s big boys.

They are currently at the 17th position in the league, a point ahead of Burnley who are in 18th place. A victory seems hard to come by for them in the league, even after their signings during the winter.

Everton will next be in action against Wolves in the Premier League, and a victory is a must for the Toffees. Frank Lampard needs to identify the problems at the club very soon.



Source link

Continue Reading

Antonio Conte

Looking back at how Spurs did in the January transfer window 2022

Published

on

By


Tottenham Hotspur Transfer News: The January transfer window was quite decent for the Spurs. The North London side has made two strong signings that would surely help the club for the rest of the season. 

Antonio Conte took over the Spurs job in November 2021. Hence, this transfer window was the Italians’ first chance to chop and change the squad that he inherited from Nuno Espirito Santo. 

Who joined Tottenham Hotspur in January? 

The first signing that Antonio Conte’s team completed was that of Juventus’ forward Dejan Kulusevski. The versatile forward joins the North London club on a loan move. 

Tottenham Hotspur have signed Kulusevski on loan until the end of the 2022/2023 season. Spurs would also pay Juventus a sum of €10 million to keep the player at the club till then. Following the loan deal, Spurs would have the option to buy Dejan Kulusevski permanently. 

Tottenham Hotspur Transfer News: Looking back at how the Spurs performed in the January transfer window 2022

Antonio Conte would not stop there, as the manager would raid another player from Juventus. Tottenham Hotspur also signed Rodrigo Bentancur from the Old Lady on the same day as well. 

The Spurs have reportedly paid €19m for the services of the Uruguayan midfielder. Rodrigo Bentancur has signed a contract that will keep him at the club until June 2026. It has to be seen how the duo performs for the North London club. 

Who left the Spurs in the transfer window?

Four players departed Tottenham Hotspur on deadline day. The first of them was Bryan Gil who has been sent on loan to Valencia until the end of the season. The youngster made 9 Premier League appearances off the bench this season.

Tottenham Hotspur have also let Tanguy Ndombele leave on a loan to Olympique Lyonnais until the end of the season. The French club have signed Ndombele as a replacement for the outgoing Bruno Guimaraes. 

Giovani Lo Celso has also joined Villareal on a loan move until the end of the season. The Argentinian has made 9 Premier League appearances for Spurs this season. But his services were deemed surplus for the boss. 

Also joining the list of outgoing players was Dele Alli. The 25-year-old’s career has been on the decline in the past two seasons. Hence, a move to Everton could help Alli kick start his career and get it back on track. 

To add to this, youngsters Dilan Markanday and Jack Clarke have also been loaned out to Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland, respectively. 

Verdict on Tottenham Hotspur’s transfer window

Tottenham Hotspur have had a better transfer window than their top-4 rivals Manchester United and Arsenal. The signings that they have made will certainly bring in quality. Hence, Spurs will have a serious chance of qualifying for the Champions League at the end of the 2021/22 season.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending